The brave souls that survived the rollercoaster.


PawPaw finally has someone to ride with him. What fun he had!!


Hunter & Brittany at the Carowinds Hat Store


Ask For Rain

Zechariah 10:1 “Ask the Lord for rain in the time of the latter rain. The Lord will make flashing clouds, He will give them showers of rain, Grass in the field for everyone”.

I have been thinking of this scripture a lot over the past year. The latter rain is spring rain just before the harvest. Natural rain renews the fertility of parched dry land and spiritual rain brings renewal for a spiritual harvest. Hosea 6:3 says: “Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth”. Most present day prophets agree that we are on the edge of a great spiritual harvest of harvesters to bring in the last incoming of souls into the Kingdom of God before the return of the Lord.

I have been asking for the rain for some time now. I keep thinking about Elijah who was praying for rain and sent his servant to check to see if there was a cloud forming. After six times of seeing nothing, he returned a seventh time and came back proclaiming that he saw a cloud the size of a man’s hand rising out of the sea.

I have had the pleasure of seeing the spiritual rain once and feeling it once. It was on two separate occasions separated by many months. Both times it was in a large gathering of believers. The rain looked like natural rain, but it was not falling on everyone. It felt like liquid electricity. I felt it on my arms and everywhere it dropped it was like little shock waves.

When this latter rain falls it will bring resurrection power back to the church and to us who believe. Joel 2:23-26 says: “Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, and He will cause the rain to come down for you-- The former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil. So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the crawling locust, the consuming locust, and the chewing locust, my great army which I sent among you. You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; and My people shall never be put to shame.”

There is on the horizon a meshing of the former and latter rains. I believe it is as close as "I see a cloud the size of a man's hand". This huge downpour of the power of God will restore everything stolen from the church in the last 2000 years. My whole being is crying out for this restoration for myself, my family, the church and this nation.

Ask the Lord for the rain in this time of the latter rain!!!

The Call

This past Saturday I went with friends to attend the weekly meeting at the Call. This ministry is headed by Lou Engle who has a divinely imparted anointing to intercede for America. They are located about a half mile from our house in cabins left from the PTL ministry. There have been 8 Calls in different cities in America in the past. This is a gathering of mostly young people who are crying out to God to turn this nation back to Him. I have seen videos of a few of these gatherings and the prayers that come out of these young people are powerful.

When we moved here a year ago, some of the young men from this ministry helped us move into our home. I drove down there to return a jacket that was left in my car. I sat in my car looking at some of these sold out young people and thought I had gone back in time to the 60’s. They looked in appearance like the flower children of my day. I was stunned.

In the last year I have seen the Lord move in young people from all over the nation. Many come here with nothing but a few clothes. Many have young children. They are sold out to the Lord, not tied down to things. They go on silent protests against abortion with red tape over their mouths. They take turns participating in worship and prayer going up to the throne of God 24/7.

Just recently I realized what I was seeing that first day on their campus. 40 years ago there was a movement of rebellion that developed into free sex, drug abuse and anti-God. This movement finally disappeared on the surface, but the results of that rebellion helped change our nation to where we are now.

Now 40 years later the Lord is raising a generation that look like those out of the 60’s only they are high on the presence of God and are bent on bringing this nation back to a God fearing nation once again. The word says that God laughs at his enemies. Do you see His humor in this movement? Maybe I am weird, but I think He is funny.

Saturday night I felt I was in the midst of a Gideon army. Hand picked warriors who may seem small in number but pack the power of the spirit of God to defeat the enemy. Please pray for these young people. Pray that protection, strength and wisdom be imparted to them. Pray for mature seasoned Christians to come along side them to help guide and teach them and protect them from the entrapments of the enemy.

If you want more information about this ministry and the Nashville Call being held on 7/7/07 you can go to their website which I will list on my blog. They are starting a 40 day fast on May 28th in preparation for this gathering. I plan to be in Nashville. I want to be a part of what God is doing and I want this nation restored for our children.

Going to Bethel

"We are now going to Bethel, where I will build an altar to the God who answered my prayers when I was in distress. He has been with me wherever I have gone." Genesis 35:3 NLT

First Mothers Day Without Mom

Loosing your mom, no matter how young or old, is not easy. You know that day will come eventually, but you always perceive for some reason, it will be down the road of life.  Unfortunately, because of our busy lives and this thinking process, we are not prepared for the most part when that day of separation comes.

Chuck and I have lived away from our families now for seven years.  Not really our choice, but a path we felt the Lord was leading.  My mom was living with us prior to our moving and she moved into a retirement apartment complex just before we headed for St Louis, MO.  I really did not want her to move into this place. It was dark and depressing to me.  It was basically empty because, for some reason, a lot of the residents had moved out at one time.  Mom, however, felt that was where she wanted to move.  The two of us stood in the middle of the empty apartment and prayed and asked the Lord to reveal His will and to move into that complex those He had chosen.  She moved there and one by one the hand of the Lord led friends who were a part of her Church and the senior choir to move there also.

A year later mom fell and broke her hip.  Recovery was not easy, but she did recover and remained living alone at the retirement complex for several more years.  Because of her poor eyesight she could not drive so she depended heavily on these friends the Lord moved around her and my sister, Hope, who lived in the same town.  Mom really enjoyed her Church and being a part of the Reflections Choir and going to Bible Study.  She kept up with her Bible reading despite her bad eyesight.

I always believed that my mom had a prophetic gift that was not trained or developed.  She always had a sense of when something was not right and would pray. I am sure that her prayers intercepted the enemy’s plans many times.  She was a very strong woman in that she pushed through her many feelings of inadequacy to rise above the problems and provide for her family.  This strength came from her trust in the Lord and her love for her family.

A year and a half ago Mom’s ability to stay alone came to an end and she moved in with my sister and her beloved grandson Matthew.  She had many health problems by this time, but for the most part was still pretty independent.  November 2005 she went into congestive heart failure and when I arrived at the hospital I knew the spirit of death was fighting for her life.  She would moan over and over and tell me that she was tired and wanted to go home.  I lay on the cot next to her and listened, cried, and prayed.  I had prayed for years that “as her days are let her strength be Lord”. I did not want to lose my mom, but even more I did not want her to suffer.  I released her into the hands of the Lord that week and He did a miracle.  They decided to do a procedure to stop the AV Node in her heart from working so the pacemaker could take over and within hours life returned.   We were given more time.

October 12, 2006 mom was to be 90 years old and we all started making plans to celebrate her birthday.  My sister was going to New York City for a business trip that month and preparing for the arrival of her first grandchild so we planned to have the party a few weeks early and then mom would fly to SC to visit us for 2 weeks.  The first of October I had a dream.  In the dream Chuck and I had been to Mississippi and we were packing to come back to SC.  We were at my sister’s, however it appeared to be an army barracks rather than where she really lives.  Chuck and I had gotten delayed and night was approaching.  I decided that mom should just ride in the car home with us because it was late and she would sleep all the way home and it would be an easier trip for her.  I walked out of the hallway where we were packing and into Hopes place.  It was only one room and mom was asleep in a bed in the corner of the room.  I told Hope what I thought and mom jumped up out of the bed saying that was a good idea. She briskly walked across the room, leaving her walker behind, and went through an open door that was filled with bright beaming light.  Hope and I were left standing in her room.  I woke from this dream with a knowing that the Lord was telling me that He was about to take mom to her heavenly home.  The awareness of this was so strong to me that I wondered if she would live to have her party or come to SC.  However, she was able to do both.

We had a great party thanks to the efforts of many and a very good visit when she came to SC.  I tried to make old family recipes that we enjoyed at our many family gatherings and Mom really ate well.  Chuck and I took her to the North Carolina mountains to see the Autumn leaves. It was a long trip and cold.  I was concerned that she might get too tired, but she seemed to really enjoy the trip and was very alert the whole time.  I became aware that the Lord was giving me a gift of this time with my Mom.  He had done the same for me six months before my dad got ill and went to be with the Lord.  In October 1990 Chuck and I took Mom and Dad to the Ozarks for a week.  It was a trip I would treasure as a gift from God when Dad was gone 9 months later.

December 2006 mom’s health started decreasing fairly rapidly. When my niece, Amy, emailed me Christmas pictures of Mom and her new great granddaughter, Gracyn, I could see she was not well.  Talking back and forth to her and my sister, I could sense the time of her departure was nigh.

About the second week in February mom started singing all night. The first night she made up words and the second night it was hymns.  Mom always told me that she could not sing.  My dad had a pretty voice and had sung solos. I had never heard my mom sing that I can remember.  She told me that she hoped the Lord would give her a voice to sing in heaven so she could sing in His choir.  Hope told me that her voice was beautiful.  That was so precious to me.  The Lord was letting me know that He had granted her heart’s desire before she put foot on the golden streets.

Around the middle of February Hope called to say that the Home Health Nurse had reevaluated mom and recognized that she truly had declined.  Mom had a doctor’s appointment on February 22. I started looking into flights to go home, however, after the doctors exam it appeared that would not be necessary.  Early the next morning I received a call that Mom was being admitted to the hospital.  The lab work from the doctor’s visit showed mom to be in kidney failure and to have a terminal blood disease similar to leukemia.  I called the airlines and the earliest I could get home was Sunday Feb.25th.

When I walked in to the hospital room I was taken aback. I had never seen my mom look that way. She had not rested in quite a while and had been disoriented.  Hope and Matthew had done without rest also and they went home and I stayed with mom.  I hot curled her hair (mom was usually very particular about her hair). I soon recognized a pattern of mom’s discomfort and how we could give the medication to give her maximum relief.  I have no doubt that was wisdom from the Holy Spirit. That night she and I both went to sleep and slept all night. We even had visitors that we missed.

Decisions had to be made about mom’s care. Hospice was consulted and it was decided to transfer mom temporarily to the inpatient hospice to get her stable and then to my sister’s home.  She was transferred on March 3rd to the inpatient hospice. That day was the beginning of a week I want to remember.  The soon to be retiring chaplain came by her room and sang a hymn for her. Tears filled my eyes because I knew once again the Lord was present.

Hope arranged for a lady to wash and set mom’s hair the first day at the Hospice.  We had to encourage mom that she could muster the strength to get this done, but once the water hit her head she was different.  She began to be more alert and to eat. I was able to get her up in a wheelchair daily and we went out in the court yard and sat in the sun.  We talked of things in the past and ate and laughed together.  Toward the end of that week it was decided by the staff that mom was ready to be transferred to Hope’s and she again started to decline.  My time there was now almost over and I wondered if I would see my mom again.  She was transferred back to her room at my sisters on March 10th and I flew back to SC on the 13th.

Mom had her ups and downs for the next couple of weeks.  On the 27th I called Matthew who faithfully stayed with Mom during the day when Hope worked.  After asking how my mom was he told me that she had a bad day.  I knew that it must be bad coming from Matthew who was always so positive.  The afternoon of the 28th Hope called to say that mom was not responsive and had problems choking all night. She had been there all day as well as the Hospice nurse.  Mom was resting better. They were not sure if I should come.  The next day she rallied up some so we decided to wait.

In the early morning of the 30th I had a short dream that mom was walking into the dusk with a large angel on each side of her.  I woke up and it was 4:33 am.  I got up and prayed.  The Lord led me to Psalm 43:3  “Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; Let them bring me to your holy hill and your tabernacle. Vs4 Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and on the harp I will praise you, Oh God, my God”.

That afternoon I received a call that mom was again not responsive and not drinking or eating. It was decided that now was the time for us to come.  We began to get our things together and after much debate decided to go to bed and get up around 2 am and leave and drive straight though to MS.  We left our home at 2:55 am and arrived in Brandon, MS at noon March 31.  We drove straight over to be with mom.  I kept thinking over and over on the way that I needed to fix mom’s hair and her nails. I knew she wanted to meet the Lord looking good.  She never acknowledged that she knew we were there with the exception of a brief reaction when I said I needed to paint her fingernails.  Cousins and friends came to say goodbye.  I felt she knew they were there and was pleased.

After everyone left, with Chuck’s help, I got her fingernails painted with polish that Hope obtained for us. Afterwards I was left alone for the first time and I felt to bend down and tell mom that I saw her walking with the angels.  After speaking that in her left ear, her breathing pattern immediately changed.  I soon recognized what was happening.  Chuck came to the door and I told him to get Hope.  Once we were together gathered around mom, she drew her last breath and walked off with the angels.  I looked up and it was 4:33 on her clock.

I know this is a lot of words but I wanted to share the scarlet thread of our Lord’s love that wove through the events before He chose to take my Mom home.  I am always amazed at how kind the Lord is to us. How He prepares us for things we have no clue are about to come.  He is indeed our very present help in time of trouble.  Life happens. Hurts and wounds come. But He brings us out of them all.

My mom loved her family, at times to her hurt.  She loved the Lord and in the hardest of times clung to hope in Him. Her life was a testimony of the fact that “God is faithful.” She was a virtuous woman.  We will miss her greatly but now she is singing praises to our God and is among the cloud of witnesses cheering us on to become all God made us to be and  to fulfill our destiny.

Happy Mother’s Day Mom!!

BeBe's 90th Birthday October 12, 2006

Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57